Presenting Institutions (as of Friday, March 24, 2023)
- College of Medicine and Allied Health Sciences, University of Sierra Leone
- Joint Medical Unit (34 Military Hospital) Research Unit, Republic of Sierra Leone Armed Forces
- Kintampo Health Research Centre (KHRC)
- National Institute of Health (NIH), Partnership for Research on Vaccines and Infectious Diseases in Liberia (PREVAIL)
For the first time, CelebrateLAB® West Africa will feature presentations from companies, hospitals, and research institutions highlighting their focus on collaborating opportunities and strategies for implementing innovations in care and growing research around diseases of interest to Africa. This session is in addition to the annual Research Poster Session which highlights specific research activities and achievements. CelebrateLAB® West Africa has added this showcase to the program because of interest from institutions in reaching potential partners, donors, and opportunities on the continent.
There will be slots for up to 20 presentations to occur in 10-minute slots. Partners for the showcase of research includes the Infectious Diseases Institute at Makerere University, Africabio Enterprises, Inc. and others.
The time is right to showcase researchers and a life sciences market renaissance in Africa as we see…
- A movement towards regulatory harmonization and organizations like the African Medicines Agency is an opportunity for a better environment that fosters credible partnerships
- Non-communicable diseases are on the rise along with the burden of emerging infectious diseases around the world, despite increased life expectancies on the continent.
- Market trends in urbanization will demand strong and more resilient healthcare systems
- Higher demand for diagnostics and access to localized supply chains for better prevention and response that have the potential to impact global health
Benefits of presenting
- Attracting visibility as a presenting company for future collaborations.
- Researchers and companies can begin to learn how to ”pitch” their research agenda or companies’ strategy for product development in vaccines, drugs, or devices
- Visibility will lead to face-to-face meetings with other researchers, institutions, donors, and potential investors
- Provide presentation beyond the meeting to virtual attendees for consideration
- University Biomedical Researchers
- Public Health Institutions
- Healthcare Facilities currently in research partnerships
- Early-stage projects and small entrepreneurial companies
- Global Companies seeking new opportunities to share research portfolio
- Academic researchers and technology transfer officials to share their ideas with funding and development partners.
Through education, collaboration, and advocacy, CelebrateLAB® West Africa is striving to drive a bio-revolution on the continent!