ABOUT CelebrateLAB® West Africa
What’s driving the improvement of the diagnostic environment and research opportunities in West Africa
- West Africa is a fertile ground for responding to emerging threats regionally and beyond. It is also home to a base of laboratory professionals, clinicians and researchers who are critical to an emerging environment.
- Strengthening West Africa’ s intellectual capital will ensure high quality clinical research, laboratory services, and better health outcomes.
- The region is well positioned to support the tasks of creating the right environment to support clinical research and diagnostics, and vaccines manufacturing.
- West Africa is also home to top research institutions including Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) – Ghana, Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research in Tropical medicine (KCCR) – Ghana, Navrongo Health Research Centre (NHRC) – Ghana, Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research – Ghana, Kintampo Health Research Center – Ghana, University of Ghana, Redeemer University – Nigeria, University of Calabar – Nigeria, Institute of Human Virology – Nigeria, University of Ibadan – Nigeria, Institute of Research – Senegal, Institut Pasteur – Senegal, Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital – Ghana.
- Provide a venue for stakeholders across W. Africa to access information of importance to Laboratory Systems Strengthening (LSS).
- Provide continuing education to clinical laboratory and research professionals.
- Network and share best practices across the W. Africa region.
- Develop public-private partnerships to enhance an environment for innovation.
- Strengthen labor-force for cross border trade in skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Showcase vendors and suppliers to share expertise and technology best suited for W. Africa.
- Provide a venue for knowledge sharing in clinical and research best practices.
- VIP Opening Ceremony
- Company and Research Pitches
- One-on-One Meeting Rooms
- Plenary Sessions
- Keynote Speakers
- Concurrent Workshops
- Networking Breaks/Lunch
WHO SHOULD ATTEND CelebrateLAB® Conference
- Laboratory and Research Professionals in the Public & Private Sectors
- Research Scientists
- Regulatory Stakeholders
WHY ATTEND CelebrateLAB® Conference
- Learn about the most recent laboratory advances and innovations
- Connect with colleagues from across Africa
- Visit with international global health experts
- Gain continuing education credits
- Help shape collaborations between laboratories and clinicians
- Contribute to strengthening African health systems and laboratory networks